Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lexi Bear

I can't believe that I haven't blogged about my dear pup. Her name is Lexi Pomeroy (there was some controversy about why she had her dad's last name when we're not yet married... wasn't I being presumptuous?). She is a 17 week old, sable sheltie puppy!! She is a joy in my life. Although for the first month that I had her, I was sleep deprived and wanted nothing more than just 3 hours of sleep at a time.

I searched high and low for a sheltie. I was pretty much set on getting one since the campaign had ended. I told myself I would get a puppy once I had a stable 9-5-ish job. I got one, and I got a puppy. Dave and I went to Just Puppies (in Rockville and Towson, MD) on two seperate occasions to find our perfect pup.

As soon as I found out that the Towson store had a tri-colored boy and a sable girl so we set out to meet them. Once we got there, though, we found out that the boy was sold and only the girl remained. It was a good thing though because I really wanted a girl pup. Let's just say I didn't really have to be convinced.

Well, I fell in love instantly with this face...

LEXI

And she was truly a sheepdog. This is just a forecast of what was to come... lots of energy!


We brought her home when she was 9 weeks old. She has grown so much!!

9 weeks
...
10 weeks
When I first took her to puppy daycare, she loved it. I got a call later the first day I put her in daycare saying that there was an emergency that she might have broken her leg...

THEY LET HER JUMP OFF OF AN OFFICE CHAIR. WHAT ON EARTH WAS AN OFFICE CHAIR DOING IN A PUPPY PLAY AREA???
I suggest that you not go to Woofs Training Center in Arlington, VA

She was fine. She had a light sprain but I have been cautious about where I put her in daycare!
...
11 weeks
...

12 weeks
(No nose!!)

...
14 weeks and clearly sleepy

We discovered that she LOVES the doggy park. She frolics with the dogs and loves it. She gets so exhausted. Brilliant. I also find it hilarious that she thinks she is a big dog.

...
15 weeks.
I can't believe this is the same puppy that we brought home!
She just graduated to Level 2 in the Puppy training levels courses. I am so proud!
She really is a smart puppy and learns new tricks as long as I am able to teach them and be patient with her.

16 weeks
Courtesy of Dave while I was away.


She LOVES her daddy...

More to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me sunshine! Thank you. :D

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs