Monday, March 28, 2011

Japan, DC and love.

You know how much I love our nation's capital?  A lot. It's one of the cities I felt most home in and the most challenged.  I love it because it has history and the annual Cherry Blossom festival is no different.  I feel so alive and so proud of my Japanese heritage, especially during this time of year. These cherry blossoms demonstrate the friendship that Japan and the US have which makes me feel safe and happy and it also displays a simple beauty that is so inherent in Japanese culture. 


The reason why I got to go down to the tidal basin this year was because my mom came and visited Dave and I! We took a trip down to DC and walked along the water among the beautiful Cherry Blossoms. My mom was SO in awe! Even in Japan, they don't have this many trees in one location, blooming at one time! It was quite the sight and I was delighted that she was so happy.

I have a new love of the Tidal Basin and the Jefferson Memorial... duh.

Dave and I visited the "spot" for the first time since he proposed on December 24, 2009. 
Man, it's been a while!

5 comments:

  1. LIKE. I love the pics of you and your mom and you and Dave and the cherry blossoms...so pretty, all of it!!! I also LOVE your face in the last picture :P <3 <3 ::HUGS::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my giveaway!! Giving Cherry Blossom scented tealights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms. I think they are GORGEOUS. I'm glad you had a great time with your mom and with Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys had a great visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to see the cherry blossoms today too! And I also love the Jefferson Memorial, but not for NEARLY as good a reason as you ;) Enjoy your mom being here! It's so great that you can go back and visit "the spot" that you got engaged!! (ours was a hotel room in a hotel that has since changed hands, lol. Not as romantic... still quite effective! :-P)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me sunshine! Thank you. :D

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs