Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The little things

Have you ever been so stressed out that you just don't know what to do? How do you deal with it? How do you get through the mounting stress that gets you down?

This isn't a blog about depression. It's about hope and how to cope with things that can really bog us down.

I have been there recently.  Not depressed but truly worn thin with the worry and stress of my life. I don't really like to talk about it because I know that I bring it upon myself to do what I do.  I know that any mom or student or career woman my age in any sort of relationship can relate to my situation.  Sometimes, it gets to be too much.

I sat on the beach in Hawaii last evening, watching the sun set and I had a twinge of worry. I couldn't get off my mind, why on EARTH I would be upset or stressed in such a blissful place.  I reflected on my life and the challenges that I face.  I decided to do two things.

I spoke my list of things that stressed me out. Then I spoke my list of things that I am truly grateful to have. I said them. So that I could hear them. So that I wouldn't justify any of them. I let myself feel stressed. Then I let myself know how truly blessed I am. I felt cleansed. Not stress free, but I felt like I had acknowledged the pent up stress I was feeling.

How do you deal with stress that you might be feeling?

I also share with you some pictures that I have taken of my time here in Hawaii...

1 comment:

  1. Saying everything sounds like such a great idea. I'll have to try that! And those pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me sunshine! Thank you. :D

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs